The National Student Clearinghouse® has a longstanding commitment to being a trusted agent and partner to the secondary and postsecondary institutions that we serve, as well as the education finance industry, government agencies, and other organizations that rely on our services.
In order to ensure that we continue to provide information and services that meet the needs of the nation’s education community, the Clearinghouse seeks insight and guidance from our boards of directors and advisory committees, which represent multiple disciplines across the constituents we serve. Under the direction of our CEO and president, the Clearinghouse’s knowledgeable and accomplished executive management team is responsible for all operational areas, services, research initiatives, and client support.
Our executive management team is comprised of experienced and dedicated professionals committed to providing high-quality services to the organizations and users that rely on the Clearinghouse.
Ricardo “Rick” Torres
President and CEO
Christopher “Chris” Goodson
Chief Growth Officer
Chief Legal Officer
Chief Information Officer
VP and Chief Financial Officer
Chief Data Officer
Chief People Officer
VP, Corporate Strategy, Marketing & Communications, and Customer Experience
VP, Strategic Partners, Business Solutions, and Verification Services
David G. Payne, Ph.D.
VP, Learner Insights
VP, Sales, Education Solutions
Doug Shapiro, Ph.D.
VP, Research and Executive Director,
Boards of Directors
Clearinghouse Board of Directors
The Clearinghouse is governed by a board of directors comprised of a cross-section of the constituencies that it serves, including representatives from educational institutions, educational associations, and the education finance industry. The makeup of the Clearinghouse’s board reflects its status as a trusted, neutral, and reliable source for educational information and services.
- Mr. Michael Collins, Board Chair, Vice President, Jobs for the Future
- Dr. Debra Chromy, Vice Chair, President and CEO, Trellis Company
- Mr. Charles Barber, VP and General Counsel, George Washington University
- Dr. Barbara Brittingham, President Emerita, New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- Mr. Rob Fitzgerald, University Registrar, Brown University
- Ms. Kathleen McNeely, Senior Vice President of Administration and Chief Financial Officer, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) (retired)
- Dr. Carissa Moffat Miller, Chief Executive Officer, Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- Ms. Helen Mohrmann, CISO, The University of Texas System
- Dr. Sharon Morrissey, Interim VCCS Chancellor, Virginia Community College System
- Mr. Paul Robinson, Associate Vice Provost and University Registrar, University of Michigan
- Dr. Samuel Sudhakar, Vice President & Chief Financial Officer for Finance, Technology and Operations, California State University, San Bernardino
- Ms. Van Ton-Quinlivan, Chief Executive Officer, Futuro Health and Emeritus Executive Vice Chancellor, California Community Colleges (CCC)
- Dr. A. Hope Williams, President, North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU)
Research Center Board of Directors
As the research arm of the Clearinghouse, the Research Center is governed by a board of directors who are experienced in higher education, including education research and policy.
- Dr. Sharon Morrissey, Board Chair, Interim VCCS Chancellor, Virginia Community College System
- Dr. Carissa Moffat Miller, Vice Chair, Chief Executive Officer, Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- Dr. Thomas Brock, Director, Community College Research Center, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Dr. Debra Chromy, President and CEO, Trellis Company
- Dr. Brian Prescott, President, National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS)
- Dr. Nicole Smith, Chief Economist, Center on Education and the Workforce, Georgetown University
- Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (retired)
- Dr. David R. Troutman, Deputy Commissioner of Academic Affairs and Innovation, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Clearinghouse Advisory Committee
The services offered by the Clearinghouse have been provided at the request of our participating institutions to enable them to better serve their students. Our advisory committee meet several times a year to provide feedback to the Clearinghouse on ways to improve our existing services and recommend new areas of development.
- Sean McTighe, Ex Officio (Committee Liaison), Managing Director, Compliance & Data Operations, National Student Clearinghouse
- Robert Fitzgerald, Chairman of the Committee, University Registrar, Brown University
- Keisha Campbell, University Registrar, Morgan State University
- Kelley Christman, Registrar, Aims Community College
- Christopher Cobb, University Registrar, California State University, Los Angeles
- Amy Hammett, University Registrar and Director of Student Information Systems & Services, Case Western Reserve University
- Venesa Heidick, University Registrar, Texas A&M University
- Mike Hutley, College Registrar, Santa Fe College
- Leslie Quinn, Dean of Enrollment Services, Johnson County Community College
- Paul Robinson, Associate Vice Provost and University Registrar, University of Michigan
- Patrick Sullivan, University Registrar, University of Massachusetts, Amherst