Watch the “Opening the Door to Equity in Education” Panel Discussion on Demand
On October 6th, the Clearinghouse hosted a virtual panel discussion, “Opening the Door to Equity in Education,” to help raise awareness of the importance of education data’s democratization to address system issues facing the current education-to-workforce ecosystem. A panel of academic leaders shared their perspectives, including:
- Dr. Eileen Baccus, President Emeritus of Northwestern Connecticut Community College and Coach for Achieving the Dream
- Michael Collins, Vice President at Jobs for the Future
- Dr. Dan Domenech, Executive Director at the American Association of School Administrators
- Deborah Santiago, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Excelencia in Education
- Dr. Karen Stout, President and CEO at Achieving the Dream
The discussion, led by Rick Torres, President and CEO of the Clearinghouse, addressed questions covering the problem, effects, and path toward systemically changing the trajectory of the narrative around systemic inequities in education. The panel also shared their thoughts on how data and technology can be used to influence positive social change and create meaningful opportunities for all learners.
If you missed this important discussion on one of today’s most critical issues, you can watch “Opening the Door to Equity in Education” on demand.
And make sure you register for Complete College America’s “With Equity and Justice for All” virtual event on October 26-30. The Clearinghouse will be talking about the Postsecondary Data Partnership (PDP) on Wednesday, October 28, from 3-4:30 pm, ET, and how it can help institutions close equity gaps.