Has your institution updated to the CIP Year 2020 requirements? If not, here are key takeaways from the Federal Student Aid (FSA) and National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)’s announcement
on their requirements for the 2020 Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code reporting.
- FSA has not established a deadline for institutions to update their NSLDS Enrollment Reporting to use the 2020 CIP codes. We expect a deadline to be established at some point and that FSA will provide adequate notice of any deadline.
- Current functionality allows program-level information to be changed in certain scenarios. This will prevent student interest subsidy eligibility calculations from being negatively impacted by changes in the reporting of program data elements. It also simplifies reporting requirements if program-level data elements must be corrected or the institution determines the student should have been reported with different program data elements.
- NSLDS errors are in place to identify certain reporting situations
- NSLDS reports are available for institutions, which are designed to provide insights into the CIP codes reported to NSLDS
- The Enrollment Statistics calculated monthly by NSLDS are being updated to include statistics for reporting students with the 2020 CIP year
Read our original Compliance Central blog post from May 4, 2020.