PDP Data Submission Enhancements
The data submission process for the Postsecondary Data Partnership (PDP) has been enhanced to enable you to both make updates to your data and better manage your data submissions.
New Update Files
You can now send update files to modify previously submitted course and cohort data for a select set of students or courses. You no longer need to remove and resubmit entire submissions. Individual data elements, such as Grade, Pell Recipient indicator or Gateway Math Status, can be updated. You can also limit data to specific cohorts, students, or courses and update multiple data elements across cohorts or academic years.
There are three new update file types. You will need to send the update file that corresponds to the data elements being updated:
- Cohort: Contains the information from the cohort data file
- Course Term: Contains the academic term information from the course data file
- Course: Contains the course information from the course data file
Not all data elements can be updated. That’s because many data elements are required so they can be properly matched against existing data. Required data elements must be submitted in the update file but cannot be updated.
Please see the Updating Previously Submitted Data section of the PDP Data Submission Guide for the full list of what can be updated and details on how to submit these new files.
Template files can be found at:
Recertify and Override Capabilities
You also now have a greater ability to manage your PDP data submissions via the PDP user portal. New “Recertify Submission” and “Override” actions have been added to the “Manage Submissions” page on the user interface.
- Override allows you to bypass data quality errors if you believe the errors will not impact the quality of your data
- Recertify Submission allows you to submit and process new and resubmitted data files for a previously certified submission window
Please see the Reviewing Submissions section of the PDP Data Submission Guide for details.