If you need to make changes to previously submitted and successfully processed data, you can submit an update data file.
How to Submit an Update File
You can submit an update data file the same way you submitted the original file. The PDP system will match the data with existing data and update it with the new values. Update files do not need to be certified.
Types of Update Files
There are three types of update files you can submit: cohort update file, course term update file, and course update file. The information from the original course file is split between the term and course update files. Due to the way the data is matched by The Clearinghouse, you cannot update both term and course data in one file.
- Cohort: Contains information from the cohort data file.
- Course Term: Contains the academic term information from the course data file.
- Course: Contains the course information from the course data file.
What You Can Update
In each file type there are certain values that you can update. You can update multiple values in the same file. We recommend limiting an update file to a specific target, like a particular cohort, term, or year.
Below are the values you can update in each file.
Cohort Update File
You can send cohort update files for multiple cohorts and any number of students.
- First Gen
- HS Completion Status
- HS Completion Year
- HS Unweighted GPA
- HS Weighted GPA
- Dual and Summer Enrollment
- Enrollment Type
- Number of College Transfer Credits Attempted
- Number of College Transfer Credits Accepted
- Math Placement
- English Placement
- Gateway Math Status
- Gateway English Status
Course Term Update File
You can submit course term update files for multiple terms and any number of students.
- Pell Recipient
- Completed Development Math
- Completed Development English
- Transfer Intent
- Degree Type Sought
- Semester/Session GPA
- Overall GPA
Course Update File
You can submit course update files for multiple terms and any number of students or courses.
- Number of Credits Earned
- Delivery Method
- Grade Effective Date
- Course CIP (only if value was Missing in the original data file)
- Course Type
- Math or English Gateway
- Co-requisite Course