The Postsecondary Data Partnership (PDP) empowers institutions with more comprehensive data, easier analysis, centralized reporting functions, and better visual representations to help you understand, improve, and communicate student outcomes.
The PDP offers interactive dashboards that enable your institution to visualize student outcomes in aggregated and disaggregated forms and an analysis-ready file that lets you dig deeper into the data to find where you can make the biggest improvements on your campus.
Benefits of Using the PDP
- PDP insights are based on a comprehensive set of student data, including information left out of other data collections.
- The PDP’s early momentum indicators enable you to identify students who need help so that your institution can intervene earlier to help them get back on track.
- PDP tools help you create visually compelling, easily understood reports that communicate trends and outcomes for your entire student body and specific populations within it.
- The PDP reduces your reporting burden and cost by enabling you to submit data just once to report to many education organizations that your institution identifies to the Clearinghouse.
The PDP gives you:
- Interactive dashboards that empower you to easily measure outcomes.
- Powerful filtering tools for your institution’s deep, disaggregated data to enable comprehensive assessments of your students’ outcomes by cohort, cohort term, age, race, gender, Pell Grant status, GPA, first-generation-student status, and more.
- Simpler reporting to third-party education organizations.
- An analysis-ready file that lets you perform granular analysis and data comparison with other data sets.
- Benchmarking data for comparisons with peer institutions.
The Clearinghouse takes data privacy and security very seriously. PDP data is not public. The only place your data will be seen by other PDP participants is on the benchmark dashboards, but this data is displayed in groupings so that users cannot identify an individual institution.
There are two versions of the analysis-ready file: The version that contains the student’s personally identifiable information (PII) is only sent to your institution through your secure FTP site. The de-identified version, which does not contain PII, is sent to authorized third parties and initiatives through their secure FTP sites. You will be able to review your dashboard metrics before any of your authorized third parties review them. We will send your analysis-ready file through your secure FTP site about one week before we update your Tableau dashboards.
FERPA blocks are not applicable to PDP Tableau dashboards. FERPA blocks are applicable only to files/reports with PII. PDP Tableau dashboards and de-identified analysis-ready files do not contain PII.
For more information about how the PDP works and the benefits of using it, visit https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/colleges/pdp.
The PDP Data Submission Process
There are eight steps in the PDP data submission process:
- You create data files formatted to PDP specifications.
- You upload the data files through a secure FTP site.
- The PDP system runs validation checks on the data files.
- If there are any validation errors, we work with you to resolve them and re-submit the data file(s).
- Once any validation errors are resolved, you certify the data files to confirm that they are complete.
- The PDP system runs data quality checks on the data files.
- If there are any data quality errors, we work with you to resolve them.
- Once any data quality errors are resolved, the PDP system processes and generates dashboards and an analysis-ready file.