Show Leaders the Value of StudentTracker for High Schools with Our Handy Budget Checklist
StudentTracker® for High Schools is a unique service designed to help high schools and school districts more accurately gauge the college success of their graduates.
StudentTracker for High Schools provides data that no other source can. The service matches a high school or district’s list of graduates with enrollment, persistence, and completion data from nearly 3,600 colleges and universities, which together enroll 98 percent of students. Helpful reports enable you to track your graduates over time and discover their postsecondary outcomes.
The independently verified, validated data are not accessible any other way – and it can help you answer almost any question about your students’ college and career readiness.
The value of StudentTracker for High Schools is clear to everyone who works with student data. But what about the education leaders who determine the budget? How can you carve out the budget that you need to take advantage of StudentTracker for High Schools?
The value of StudentTracker for High Schools is clear to everyone who works with student data.
We’ve put together a checklist to help you prepare to introduce StudentTracker for High Schools at upcoming budget meetings.
Start by outlining the school’s goals:
- Strategic initiatives
- Areas of focus/challenges
- Program goals
- College and career readiness targets
Then, consider the current situation:
- Staff capacity
- Staff time taken up by measurement and data analysis
- Data currently used to determine college and career readiness
- Cost of third-party data collection or survey services
Next, determine how StudentTracker for High Schools can deliver return on investment:
- Connect data to other programs
- Customize queries to answer specific questions
- Track cohorts over time (up to 8 years)
- Deliver significant time savings for staff
- Provide data that will help your school’s efforts become more effective over time
Determine costs and structure:
- Calculate per-school price of StudentTracker for High Schools: x number of schools signed up for service
- Uncover assumptions in budget
- Consider a pilot program for larger districts
- Assign budget management and oversight
- Determine how return on investment will be calculated