I am a parent and want to order or track my child’s transcript. How do I do it?

The National Student Clearinghouse gets many requests from parents who want to order a transcript or find out the status of a transcript request on behalf of their children. Unless the student is under 18 years old, under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), no one other than the student can make these requests.

If the school is a Transcript Ordering participant, your child can order official transcripts using any major credit card.

He or she will automatically receive email updates as the order is processed and sent. The status of the transcript request can be tracked online using the order number and email address used to place the order. The student also has the option to sign up for mobile text alerts on his or her transcript during the online ordering process.