What do I do with the deferment form my loan holder or servicer sent me?

If you were sent a deferment form, you must take the completed deferment form to the registrar’s office at your school, where it will be examined for completeness and forwarded to the Clearinghouse for processing.

Do NOT send the form to the Clearinghouse yourself; it MUST go through your registrar’s office first.

Before presenting it to your school, you must complete Section 1 and the fields titled Borrower’s Signature, Date and Where to Send the Completed Deferment Request. If you don’t enter your loan holder or servicer’s name in the Where to Send the Completed Deferment Request field, the notification will not be processed because Clearinghouse won’t know what company you need us to notify.