Primarily, the guide updates refer to revisions reflecting the modernized National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Professional Access website, per the July 25, 2022, NSLDS site modernization deployment.
Additionally, for federally compliant enrollment reporting, please be aware:
- Sections 2.4, 8.1.1, and 8.1.2 advises that NSLDS evaluates program-level reporting to ensure compliance reflecting CIP Year 2020 values (see our post, The 1st Release of the Clearinghouse’s CIP 2020 Phase III Enhancement Is Here!).
- Section 7.7.2 refers to navigation to review student-specific details, including certified enrollment reporting data points:
- Enrollment Summary – student profile overview
- Campus Enrollment Details – campus enrollment record
- Program Enrollment Details – program enrollment record
- Section 22.214.171.124 is especially important for the accuracy of federal aid audits and timeliness of student test sample evaluations.
- The “Active and Inactive” sort option is suitable for proper accuracy and timeliness in audit testing.
- Section 8.5.6 includes information about the Enrollment Submittal File Tracking Report (SCHET1). NSLDS advises auditors should evaluate SCHET1 in place of SCHER1 moving forward, see NSLDS Professional Access – Additional Information About the Modernized Website #10.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our Audit Resource Center, email@example.com.