The Clearinghouse has identified approximately 700 institutions for whom the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) did not send an October enrollment roster. We were expecting to receive a roster from NSLDS based upon the NSLDS/SSCR Enrollment Reporting Roster schedule we have established for each of these institutions.
We have notified the NSLDS and Federal Student Aid (FSA) of the issue and requested that they create and send to us an ad hoc roster for processing.
IMPORTANT: NSLDS has confirmed there is no obligation to respond to the roster within 15 days, if your institution was one of those for which an SSCR roster was not sent by NSLDS. However, the Clearinghouse is keenly aware of how critical timely reporting to the Department of Education is, including the requirement to report changes in student statuses within 60 days.
On behalf of all impacted institutions, the Clearinghouse has taken the following actions:
- Notified NSLDS of the missing rosters that were confirmed as not yet sent by NSLDS
- Reached out to our FSA contacts requesting additional support regarding this issue. We also requested that an ad hoc roster from NSLDS be created for those institutions that were impacted and sent to the Clearinghouse.
- Communicated directly with our impacted schools regarding the missing rosters
- Posted this notification on our Audit Resource Center blog for additional transparency for our institutions
We will continue to work with NSLDS and FSA until this issue is resolved and communicate updates on our progress via Compliance Central, Compliance Central blog, and email.
If you need assistance with your Enrollment Reporting, or have questions related to compliance that you would like to send to the Clearinghouse, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 703.742.4200 (select options #7, #2).
- Clearinghouse Academy: Learning resources and events
- Compliance Central: Updates, tips and resources to help you stay in compliance