The National Student Clearinghouse’s Graduated from DegreeVerify (G from DV) service helps schools meet National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) graduated status reporting requirements. We have made several enhancements in the past to make this process better and transparent. Now we are back with an additional enhancement to the process suggested by our schools.
You Spoke, We Listened!
Based on feedback from our schools, we are happy to announce that in mid-February 2019, the Clearinghouse will release additional G from DV functionality to generate Graduated Status (G) from College Student Identification (CSID). Through this new enhancement, we will be able to generate Gs from your DegreeVerify file using a CSID in lieu of the student’s SSN, as long as all other existing matching criteria (i.e., first name, last name and date of birth) are met.
What Is Changing?
- By using CSIDs to generate G statuses from your DegreeVerify file into our enrollment database, the Clearinghouse will be able to apply Gs to more records on your degree file.
- Because more records will appear on the G Applied tab, you will spend less time applying G status to records on the G Not Applied tab.
Do Schools Need to Make Any Changes?
No, your school will not need to make any adjustments to the way you report degree and enrollment information. The Clearinghouse is adding these enhancements to save your school additional time and resources.
How I Do Make Corrections on the G Not Applied Tab?
After the degree file is processed, you can login to our secure site and:
- Select the Student Reporting tab
- Click the Degree Transmission link
- Click the Degree Transmission History tab
- Select from 3 tabs:
- Detail (summary of the processed degree file)
- G Applied (exportable list of the students who had graduated statuses applied to their enrollment records by the Clearinghouse)
- G Not Applied (exportable list of students who did not have a graduated status applied to their enrollment record)
- On the G Not Applied tab, click the student’s SSN or Student ID to make a correction
For additional information, please see our FAQs.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200 (select options #7, #2) or email@example.com.