What You Need to Know About Viewing and Fixing Errors
The Clearinghouse Data Flow for NSLDS SSCR Error File Processing
- See which students have SSCR errors and the associated error description
- Understand how to fix the errors
- Have greater control of how to correct the errors online
Here’s how data flows between your school, the Clearinghouse, and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) for SSCR error corrections and processing.
Your SSCR Errors Action Guide
First, it’s important for you to know that NSLDS made a major change to the SSCR Error process in late 2016. According to the NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide, published in November 2016, schools are now required to correct errors on their SSCR Error Report within 10 business days vs. respond to the report within 10 days. The latest NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide, published in November of 2017, also requires the correction of SSCR errors within 10 days. You can read more about compliance reporting requirements on our blog.
Here are some steps you can take to help you better understand and resolve SSCR errors.
- You can read more about compliance reporting requirements on our blog.
- Sign up on our Clearinghouse Academy site for our live webinars on SSCR error resolution (as well as the other useful webinars that are also available) or one of our free in-person “Clearinghouse Academy in Your Neighborhood” events, when we come to your area.
- Watch one of our on-demand webinars on SSCR error resolution available on our Clearinghouse Academy site.
- Watch our short tutorial on using our SSCR Error Correction functionality.
- For help while using our SSCR Error Correction functionality, read our frequently asked questions and error code definitions. We have also prepared an FAQs on the NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Statistics Page that provides key summary-level information about the data fields and calculations.
- Contact us with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I fix errors online?
How soon should I submit SSCR error corrections?
Who can make SSCR error corrections?
Clearinghouse Academy Courses
- Federal Financial Aid Enrollment Compliance Reporting
- Enrollment Reporting: Error Resolution
- Enrollment Reporting: Error Resolution (En español)
- Enrollment Reporting: NSLDS SSCR Errors
FSA has released a new NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide.
The latest update on 2020 CIP Code changes.
FSA has released the November 2019 NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide.
Something Else to Be Thankful for this Holiday Season: Our Enrollment and Compliance Reporting Resources!
Discover the Clearinghouse’s resources on NSLDS compliance reporting available to support you.
Our latest enhancement allows school users to export the list of errors and warnings associated with their current enrollment file submission from our secure site’s Error Resolution on the Web page.
Update about recent NSLDS error codes and the response the Clearinghouse received from FSA and NSLDS.
Read our update on Error Codes 22, 66 and 67.
What you should know about the emergence of previously uncommon errors related to NSLDS’s Error Code 75 logic change.
By the end of December 2018, the Clearinghouse plans to deploy a solution to automatically address and eliminate many Error Code 75s.
FSA has released the November 2018 NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide.
Read our follow up to our June 2018 communications regarding recent FSA changes to the manner in which data is ingested through the NSLDS Enrollment Roster response process.
Read our NSLDS Error Code 75 updates related to FSA’s recent changes regarding how data is ingested through the NSLDS Roster response process.
Learn about FSA’s recent changes regarding how data is ingested through the NSLDS Roster response process.
Our new EDI file intake enhancement helps ensure students are reported and accounted for properly.
Take our short survey to tell us the types of Enrollment Reporting analytics reports you’d like to see.
Update on the October 2017 enrollment rosters, which were not sent by NSLDS.
The Clearinghouse has identified approximately 700 institutions for whom the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) did not send an October enrollment roster.
Today’s students often attend multiple institutions or locations. Here’s how your institution should report a student’s primary location code.
The Clearinghouse recently identified a discrepancy that caused the “Move To” field NOT to be transmitted to National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
As a part of your compliance reporting service, the National Student Clearinghouse responds to NSLDS on your behalf, providing up-to-date information on your students, who have been identified as possible Title IV Aid or Direct Loan recipients.
Our new online SSCR Error Correction system is now live!
The Clearinghouse has updated the way you view and correct errors on your SSCR Error Reports.
NSLDS released an updated enrollment reporting guide in November.
Follow the Latest NSLDS Guidelines to Correctly Report Published Program Length Measurements and Begin Dates
In NSLDS Newsletter #55, FSA announced a series of new error codes to improve the accuracy of program-level reporting. Learn more.