StudentTracker 3.0 is Coming!
StudentTracker is the only nationwide source of independently verified college enrollment and degree data. Thousands of colleges and universities nationwide regularly provide enrollment and graduation data to the National Student Clearinghouse. The data covers nearly all students enrolled in public and private U.S. postsecondary institutions. You can use StudentTracker to query our participating institutions’ student data to perform all types of educational research and analyses. And, in the future, you will be able to do even more!
How Will StudentTracker 3.0 Benefit Me?
StudentTracker 3.0 will offer an easier way for you to access and interact with student data — all from an intuitive, modern, user-friendly interface. You will benefit in several ways:
- It will be easier to submit data to StudentTracker
- The system will be more efficient
- A new set of robust standardized reports will be available to all StudentTracker subscribers
- The platform will offer a simpler, more streamlined, interactive user experience
- It will include expanded data sets to enrich reports, as they become available
The StudentTracker 3.0 Development Timeline
Beta testing of the following functionality:
Subscribers can log in and see their own dashboard/landing page
Interactive completions outcomes using current postsecondary data. No more effective dates and no more waiting until six years after students graduate! Users can select:
- Different high school graduation cohorts
- Demographic data elements, if provided by institution
Student-Level Detail Report available on-demand – Includes all data columns on current StudentTracker for High Schools report, plus three new data fields:
- CIP Codes for enrollment and degree
- Class Level (college class indicator)
- Degree Mapping
- General Information tab
- Service Agreement tab
- Participating Organizations tab
- User tab
You should submit your high school graduate data in the existing format via FTP (i.e., most recent class and historical data, if not yet submitted) so your data will be available in the functionality being introduced throughout fall 2022.
The functionality below will be rolled out in stages throughout fall 2022.
Remaining visualizations for Enrollment and Retention/Persistence
- CSV of raw data for Enrollment, Retention/persistence, and Completers
- Dual enrollment records returned in the detail report
- Analysis-Ready report
- Interactive top 25 colleges first attended report
Single student search
File intake enhancements
Phase 2 and Phase 3 – future
In Phases 2 and 3, the Clearinghouse will focus on improving the platform and rolling it out to all StudentTracker subscribers. Here are some examples of the kinds of work we will be doing in these future phases:
Ensure interoperability, so that the platform can adapt to future innovations
Consolidate the different client types into one, streamlined platform that serves all StudentTracker subscribers
Enrich our data sets through expanded partnerships including Industry Credentials, employment, and enlistment data
Create community groups so you can learn best practices from other StudentTracker subscribers
Bolster insights by connecting StudentTracker 3.0 with the Postsecondary Data Partnership